June 1, 2018
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6
May 31, 2018
- Teach your kids water safety around pools and lakes (or enroll them in swim lessons at the Y and we’ll teach them how to be safe)
- Keep valuables out of sight and locked up tight (like in a locker, glove box, or car trunk) when shopping, watching your kids at the ball fields, or even exercising at the Y
- Drink plenty of water because the more you sweat the faster dehydration can creep up on you
- Protect yourself from the sun with plenty of sunscreen, hats, visors, or umbrellas when working in the yard or watching your kiddos play outside
May 30, 2018
March 8, 2018
We are excited to announce our intention to build a new Downtown YMCA!
Although we remain in the fundraising phase and our timeline is not final, we felt the need to announce the next step in this important redevelopment project. As you know, we have been diligently researching and evaluating whether to renovate the existing building or to build a brand new building as part of the Regional Cities initiative.
Given the recent announcement regarding housing tax credits for the redevelopment of the 1913 building (the back portion of the building), we felt the time was right to announce our progress in the redevelopment process. Our Y has been serving Evansville for over 150 years, and we feel that a new building will allow us to better serve our members and community for years to come.
Our new facility will be built across the street where our current employee parking lot and the Evansville Housing Authority reside. We will operate in our current Sixth Street facility until the new building is complete.
With so much focus on the possibilities of the new building, we have not determined what will happen with our current facility. As we near completion of the new Y, we will begin to evaluate options for the current property.
We will keep you updated on the progress and timeline of final building plans as they are developed, but we are excited for the all the possibilities to come.
August 31, 2017
In order to better serve our members during high gym usage, starting Sept 5, 2017 – Mar 31, 2018, we will have the following policy for Guest access to Open Gym:
Monday – Friday (9AM-7PM)
- Purchased Guest Passes will not include access to Open Gym.
- Complimentary Passes will have restricted access based on court usage.
- No Purchased or Complimentary Passes will have access to Open Gym.