Welcome to water fitness at the Y. Our water fitness classes, taught by certified water fitness instructors, have everything that you’re looking for! Flexibility, range of motion, muscle conditioning, improved cardiovascular endurance and muscle tone by using the buoyancy and resistance of the water. This is a great way to workout with no impact or harmful effects on joints/muscles and stay cool. Ideal for all fitness levels, non-swimmers included. All water workout classes are FREE to YMCA members with the following fee schedule for non-members:
- 1 Class per week = $20 per session
- 2 Classes per week = $37 per session
- 3 Classes per week = $54 per session
Group Water Exercise Class
- AM Aquacise – Get your metabolism jump started for the day by participating in intense early morning shallow water aqua aerobics.
- Aqua Challenge – A class that will challenge your cardiovascular and muscular capabilities while having fun using aqua buoys, noodles, water webs, and water resistance.
- Aqua Moves – A low impact class that is designed for individuals with join pain and impairments. The water provides some resistance to increase strength and flexibility without impact.
- Aqua Pilates – This class combines combines the principles yoga and pilates in the healing environment of the water. It facilitates increased flexibility while challenging the individual to maintain core stabilization, balance and posture alignment.
- Aqua Splash Dance – A dance party set to music in the shallow water. Participants will work on aerobic endurance, muscular resistance, flexibility and join mobility, all at the same time. No dance experience required.
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatics – This is a low impact water exercise program for individuals with arthritis or other physical impairments. Water buoyancy and resistance exercises are designed to help increase joint mobility and muscle strength as well as provide exercise and relieve discomfort.
- Deep Aquarobics – Zero impact in the deep water uses water resistance to improve your abdominal toning, strengthening and flexibility in your buns and core, and improves cardiovascular fitness.
- Deep Water Dynamics – This cross-training class will strengthen abdominal, thighs, and back muscles. Resistance of water will work your heart while avoiding impact. Buoyancy belts available. Need to feel comfortable in deep water.
- Hydrobics – An aquatic workout that will enhance your cardiovascular and muscular endurance as well as flexibility in a friendly and social setting.
- Hydro Fit – A high intensity water aerobics class which is designed to promote fitness levels through cardiovascular & muscle toning exercises.
- Hydroriders – Hydrorider classes meld the cardio and lower-body conditioning of spin with the gentle-on-the-joints resistance of the water by using in-water cycling bikes. Classes are held at the Downtown YMCA only. Bikes are limited, and participants can reserve a bike up to 24 hours in advance at the front desk.
- Hydro Tone – A shallow water aerobics class which is gentle on your joints, but designed to promote fitness levels through cardiovascular and muscle toning exercises.
- Splash – A fun workout that improves your agility, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance. Specialized equipment will also help with strength, balance and coordination.
- Tabata – An interval workout that alternates bouts of short intense anaerobic exercise with less intense recovery periods. This deep water class features all the intensity without the impact or join stress.
*(YM) means YMCA member, which have full use of the Downtown and Dunigan YMCAs. (NM) means Non-Member, which are enrolled in an individual YMCA program without being a YMCA Facility Member.