August 8, 2016
We will be conducting some annual cleaning and maintenance at the Downtown facility. Â View our detailed shutdown schedule for areas that will be affected.
August 4, 2016
Starting August 15th, the Dunigan Family Splash Pad will be open:
- Monday – Friday 10:00 am-1:00 pm andÂ 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Saturdays 10:00 am-4:30 pm
- Sundays 12:00 pm-4:30 pm
August 1, 2016
The YMCA embraces a holistic approach to positive youth development. Our staff are professional role models who nurture the potential of each child on their unique journeys from birth to career. But the Y cannot do this work alone. Families and caretakers play a critical role in the development of youth.
As we head into the school year, the Y encourages families to adopt new health habits to help children and teens achieve success in all aspects of their lives. Here are three simple ways to get started:
- Be A Positive Role Model: Encourage health habits in your home with friendly competition and family challenges. Come up with your own challenges such as keeping track of who drinks more water, walks the most steps, or reads books more often.
- Reduce Screen Time: Children younger than 2 should have no exposure to TV, cell phones, or other digital devices. For children old than 2, the recommended screentime is less than one hour per day. Replace screentime with creative projects or at-home STEM activities.
- Encourage Choosing Water: When it comesÂ to beverages, make water the primary option for yourself and your children. Unflavored low-fat or nonfat milk are also healthy choices. Limiting unhealthy beverage choices increases the likelihood that children will choose these options and develop healthier thirst-quenching habits.
DID YOU KNOW? By the time children turn 10, every extra hour of screentime they absorbed as toddlers translates into lower academic performance, reduced physicalÂ activity, and victimization by middle school peers.
August 1, 2016
July 1, 2016
â€śthat all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.â€ť
– John 17:21